You will find many different approaches to system security as evidenced in the last few months with cyber attacks. I was with a prospective client a few weeks ago and we talked about security and what was in place. They know their anti-virus software was current and so thought they were protected. When I pressed on about other kinds of measures, they had no idea.
At K&ATS, we have developed a layered approach to security. Which ones are you doing?
• Patch management – applying and checking to make sure operating system holes are closed
• Anti-virus and anti-malware licenses – up to date and effective
• Web protection – 55% of malware infections are due to interactions on the web
• Email protection – stop malicious email before it reaches your employees
• Backup and recovery – Sometimes this is the fastest option, sometimes the only option, so backup and recovery plans are mandatory for business continuity and peace of mind
Security is not complicated if you understand it and practice it. Settling for one form of preventative measure is not sufficient. The K&ATS layered approach is the way to go.